NEWARK, NJ – Looking for something to do in the Newark area? As more local businesses and venues reopen and it becomes safer to meet in small groups, don’t miss the news on your Newark Patch Community Calendar. Here is a roundup of the local events coming up in the region this week.
Would you like to see your event in the next summary? You can add it to the calendar using this form. As always, it’s free to post an event on your community. To reach more people, promote your event for $ 1 per day per community and share it nearby.
Support a budding doctor
- When: Tuesday 1st June at 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Support a budding doctor
- What: Driven, alert and compassionate, with a colorful personality, Gideon wanted to become a doctor since childhood in order to preserve the sanctity of life. Due to his mother’s health and the death of his father when he was only eleven years old, he needs support to … Find out more
HSS Yoga Classes – New classes from June 1st!
- When: Tuesday 1st June at 12:30 p.m.
- What: Did you know that yoga can help improve strength, increase flexibility, reduce stress, and relieve pain? Take part in HSS online yoga programs this summer to support your health and wellbeing. Register today and new courses start June 1st! HSS runs a variety of online yoga classes for different … Find out more
United Way of Greater Newark is hosting 2nd Annual Virtual 5K
- When: Wednesday June 2nd at 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Virtual
- What: As many of us aspire to leave the past year behind, members of our community, including families and small business owners, face mounting economic hardships. During these times we have the opportunity to support each other and find new ways to defy it … Find out more
T’ai Chi Chih class (meets online Mon and Wed)
- When: Wednesday June 2nd at 3:00 p.m.
- What: Did you know that T’ai Chi Chih can help maintain bone mass, increase strength, and reduce pain? Take part in HSS this summer and take an online T’ai Chi Chih class to support your health and wellbeing! T’ai Chi Chih uses simple and rhythmic movements designed to maintain balance, strength, f … Find out more
Please join us in fighting hunger
- When: Thursday 3rd June at 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Celebrate our anniversary with Unite in Love!
- What: Unite in Love celebrates its one year anniversary on May 21st. Founded in 2020, the company offers help to families affected by lockdowns in developing countries – families who are exposed to hunger and displacement alone without government aid or food banks. Unite in Love has pro … Find out more
Estate Planning & Living Trusts with lawyer Milvidskiy
- When: Thursday 3rd June at 12:00 p.m.
- Where: FREE WEBINAR – Paramus, NJ
- What: FREE EDUCATIONAL WEBINARON Friday, June 4th, 2:30 pm & Saturday, June 5th, 11:00 am ==> Click here to sign up or call Your estate is privateHow to appoint a family member or friend … More Experienced
Featured Event: Lily Vakili Band
- When: Friday 4th June at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Montclair Brewery
- What: And … they are BACK! Always ready to work up a sweat for the live gig, the Lily Vakili Band will play two full track sets from their Meadowlands and Oh Alright albums, new tracks from their upcoming album “Walking Sideways” and, just for fun, some entirely new melodies. ..2 Sets for … Find out more
Featured Event: Lily Vakili Band (Lily Vakili Band)
Boys’ competitive basketball team
- When: Friday 4th June at 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Online registration for the tryout mailing list
- What: SoulPhamm is now signing up for its competitive basketball team, including boys ages 13-15. You must have some gaming experience as this is not a “beginner’s program”. You can learn more about SoulPhamm by visiting www.soulphamm.org. The team is building its tryout in … Find out more
Summer children’s party
You can view other local events posted by your neighbors or your own events on the Newark Patch Community Calendar.
Editor’s note: This article was automatically generated based on event information provided primarily by community members. Patch has not independently verified most of this information, always check with the organizers to make sure the announced events go as planned. Click on any event in the list for more information. You can also contact [email protected] if you have any questions or other feedback on this article.