NEWARK, NJ – Newark is starting a new initiative to get more people vaccinated against COVID-19 by setting up “pop-up” vaccine centers in every township.
On Wednesday, officials launched the city vaccination center’s campaign with a one-day event in Ivy Hill Park in the West Ward. The website gave footage to residents aged 18 and over, and viewing appointments were made available.
Some of the upcoming popup sites include:
- East Ward: Wednesday, May 26th, Ironbound B Field, 105 St. Charles Street
- North Ward: Tuesday June 8th, Luis Muñoz Marin, 663 Broadway
- South Ward: Tuesday June 22nd, Restored Church of Holiness, 40 Hobson Street
- Central Department: Wednesday July 7th at Nat Turner Park, 251-289 18th Avenue
Governor Phil Murphy’s efforts on social media were evident.
NEW: Starting today, @rasjbaraka and @CityofNewarkNJ are bringing # COVID19 vaccination centers to every station in the city for Newark residents 18 and older. Walk-ups are welcome! pic.twitter.com/9mvjvRGLKU
– Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) May 12, 2021 Today we’ll be at Ivy Hill Park until 5 p.m. providing COVID-19 vaccines and food to community residents. Come out and join in, #getvaccined, and get a FREE box of food for you and your family. pic.twitter.com/xm07BdCkDs
– City of Newark (@CityofNewarkNJ) May 12, 2021
Send local news tips and correction requests to [email protected]