Authorities said ten knickers from across New Jersey were arrested in a prostitution stab in Newark on Friday.
Newark public safety director Brian A. O’Hara said a police operation in Newark, aimed at reducing prostitution in the South District, began Thursday night and ended on East Bigelow Street and Sherman Avenue on Friday morning.
The following men were charged with prostitution, according to police.
- William Hazell, 36, of Brooklyn;
- Naeem Kornegay, 39, of Cranford;
- Tashawn Jones, 37, from Elizabeth;
- Rahim A. Brown, 41, from Linden;
- Douglas E. Hoffman, 43, of Jersey City;
- William Reyes, 54, from the summit;
- Curtis B. Pryor, 40, of Elizabeth;
- William Perez-Aguirre, 60, from Metuchen;
- Nelson A. Meira, 61, of Hillside;
- Edward Gomez, 33, from Newark.
“I am pleased that our vice detectives successfully completed this operation to ensure the safety and quality of life of our South Ward residents,” said O’Hara.
“We want to warn people outside of Newark that this is not a place to commit crimes.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice’s free daily email and message notifications.